Meet Similar People
Are you seeking people to connect with in a meaningful way? With a parish of nearly 2,400 families, it may be difficult to know where to begin. If you are looking for a way to connect specifically with people like yourself or with those who share your interests, consider these options.
Silver Linings for Baby Boomers and Beyond
Silver Linings Ministry is committed to expanding, deepening and nurturing the spiritual dimension of parishioners who are in mid-life and their wisdom years. At its core, the ministry focuses on a holistic approach to “aging with grace” for mature adults.
Various programs are offered throughout the year to address the transitional journey during this phase of life. It offers spiritual programs, intergenerational opportunities, social events along with issues related to aging. New events are happening monthly, so check our bulletin.
If you have questions or know of someone who would enjoy the various programs offered or who might need support during this transition, please contact Sister Carole Kimes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-846-3850, ext. 3121.
Interfaith Sedar Meal
Sign up here.
Kick-off monthly Seton Game Day
1-3 p.m. Family Room
All High Schoolers & parishioners beyond 50.
9:30 am -11:30 am in Social Hall
Ageless Discipleship with Barbara Lee
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Seton Social Hall
Day of Reflection for anyone in the Second Half of Life
Barbara Lee is a spiritual director who lives in New York City and ministers to older adults. She is a retired attorney, a former U. S. Magistrate Judge, and a long-serving member of the Ignatian Volunteer Corps, an organization of retired people inspired by Ignatian spirituality to do volunteer work among the poor.
Visit the following link for more information:
That Man is You! is an interactive, multimedia men’s program focused upon the development of authentic male leadership. It is focused on their relationship with God, their spouse, and their children. Friday morning weekly meetings in the social hall are typically held September through March with breaks for the holidays.
Contact: Larry Schulz
Courageous is a men’s ministry bringing men together for an authentic faith conversation that inspires men to seek a relationship with Jesus Christ through our Prayer Life, Sacraments and Liturgy and Learning about our Catholic Faith.
Awaken to the B.E.S.T.
A Dynamic Spirituality Group for Women
We are a group of Catholic women who are passionate about our faith and spiritual life, but we want more. We want to deepen our Catholic faith and be authentic women of faith and virtue. We long to share ideas with other women, no matter their age, about how we can do just that. Awaken to the B.E.S.T. is offering Love and Mercy with all-new topics this year. It is a unique and dynamic spirituality program developed by women for women to help us learn to live gracefully.
At each meeting, we draw upon the:
B: Blessed Mother
E: Eucharist and other sacraments of the Church
S: Scripture and saints
T: Traditions of the Catholic Church
We also draw upon the Bible, Catholic teachings, speakers and small group discussions. Each Awaken to the B.E.S.T. session is different, with all praise and no homework! As we gather we will share our faith journey, inspiring each other to live our lives as the beloved daughters of Christ we were created to be.
Momentum Moms’ Ministry
“Living in Faith, Trusting in Hope, Serving in Love”
Seton moms, which moment of life are you in? Do you constantly wonder, amidst all the busyness, how you can be a strong Catholic woman and recognize God’s plan for you? Are you looking to gain a little momentum in life—personally, with your family and in your faith? Momentum is a new ministry geared towards all mom, at every stage and every moment of motherhood. Topics will focus on building a relationship with God, our families and in our community.
Momentum is an opportunity for moms to become better parents by:
- Building faith in God for ourselves and our children
- Utilizing the power of our Catholic faith to enhance our families
- Tapping into the strengths and experiences of other moms
- Encouraging each other to be faithful daughters of God
Meetings will be informal and include a coffeehouse-style interview with a “real mom” speaking on a specific topic. Small-group discussions will follow and prayer will be intertwined throughout the meeting.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or find us on Facebook/Momentum.
Seton Marriage Ministry team offers opportunities for married couples to celebrate and strengthen their commitment to the vocation of marriage. Join us for a Seton date night (#SETONDATENITE)!
The Marriage Ministry Team aims to inspire and encourage all married Seton Couples to commit to a date night (or afternoon) at least one day a month. The team will provide some suggested topics along with the following opportunities to share with and learn from other couples. Please consider joining us for any or allof the events:
Plan for 2018-19 (#SETONDATENITE)
- From September through January, the Marriage Ministry Team will bring couples together to start the date with an appetizer, a short video fromSix Great Dates, some small group discussion centered around topics from the book Happy Together which connects with the book and some suggested questions to discuss during the individual dates which follow the group gathering.
- To close out the formal programming, the team will host a dinner to honor World Marriage Day on February 9(close to Valentine’s Day).
Calendar of Events for 2018-19
- August 11: 6:45 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Pitch-In Dinner and Newlywed Game
- September 22:Gathering #1: 6:45 – 7:45 p.m.
- DATE 1:ONCE UPON A TIME…invites couples to remember how their love story began and how it has a special meaning because it is connected to God’s love story.
- [Chapter 2 from the book]
- October 20: Gathering #2: 6:45 – 7:45 p.m.
DATE 2: MARRIAGE IS… invites couples to share what they believe about marriage.
[Chapter 1 from the book]
- November 10: Gathering #3: 6:45 – 7:45 p.m.
- DATE 3: WHAT KEEPS YOU TOGETHER… invites couples to see the good in each other and in their marriage.
- [Chapter 3 from the book]
- January 12: Gathering #4: 6:45 – 7:45 p.m.
- DATE 4: THE BLUEPRINT OF LOVE …shows us that Christ’s love of the church is the blueprint of marriage love.
- [Chapters 5-10]
- February 9: World Marriage Day Mass 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.; Valentine’s Dinner and Newlywed game 6:45 – 9 p.m.
Sign up: http://bit.ly/setonmm2018
Questions? Email Julie and David Lach firstname.lastname@example.org call/text 317-997-4485