"Go,therefore, and make disciples of all the nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you until the end of the age."—Matthew 28:19-20
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As the point of “first contact,” this position is vital to the integrity and professionalism of the Parish Offices. It is critical that this employee supports the goal of ensuring efficient operation of the Parish Offices and maintains an attitude of flexibility. It is also important that this employee understands and supports the Mission and purpose of the Roman Catholic Church and
St. Elizabeth Seton Parish.
• Daily opening and closing of parish administration office
• Greet visitors to the Parish Office, including parishioners, volunteers and visitors, in a pleasant, professional, and sincere manner.
• Respond to routine inquiries.
• Provide assistance as necessary to callers or visitors. Refer to other parish staff members as necessary (particularly those issues dealing with illness and death).
• Receive all telephone calls in a pleasant, professional, and sincere manner.
• Provide administrative support to all Parish Staff
Creating Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher documents as needed
Copying, Faxing, Telephoning, Arranging meetings, etc.
Duplicates and/or distributes letters, reports etc., as needed.
Maintains office record filing system.
Typing, transcribing, and/or word-processing.
Process incoming and outgoing mail for the church.
Receive UPS, FedEx, USPS packages, etc.
• Maintains appropriate level of office supply inventory on hand, ordering supplies when needed. Orders office supplies for staff as requested.
• Assists Staff and ministries in preparing/coordinating regular and bulk mailings.
• This person must have excellent people skills; good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task; Handle a high volume of telephone calls with courtesy, speed, accuracy and patience; Work independently with minimal supervision. self-motivated, and a sense of discretion
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
Please contact Kevin Sweeney for a full job description at firstname.lastname@example.org