"Go,therefore, and make disciples of all the nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you until the end of the age."—Matthew 28:19-20
St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church is seeking a full-time Communications & Marketing Coordinator to provide leadership for all communications for Seton to help promote our mission and outreach. This position reports to the Director of Parish Operations and has secondary working relationships with the Director of Formation and Parish Life, Preschool Director, Parish Publications and program staff. This position is responsible for developing a comprehensive communications strategy to cast the parish’s vision and priorities and effectively communicate the ministries, programs, and activities to the parish and the greater community. Efforts will include enhancing our mission, charism, and our presence in the community for the parish with increased marketing and communications campaigns both internally and externally.
This person responds to all communication and marketing needs of the parish and ministry departments; supports the pastoral ministry of the parish with creative use of communications and social media. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, planning, development and implementation for all of Seton’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations in print material, social media forms, website content and press media. Creating and daily updating digital media on numerous social media platforms and new media sites including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN, YouTube, etc. and weekly newsletters. This position would produce/oversee the production of weekly publications, videos, church‐wide emails, letters, newsletters (including electronic/printed versions), brochures, flyers, postcards, banners, signage, annual reports, etc. while maintaining a consistent theme and message.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church who has the ability to respect, promote, and not be in conflict with the mission, moral and social teachings, doctrines, and laws of the Roman Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, mass media, or related field with 2-4 yrs experience in Communications or Marketing.
- Project manager, brand manager, marketing guru, copywriter, social media, videographer, and graphic designer.
- Experience in professional graphic or production design helpful.
- Experience in Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Publisher, etc.
- Ability to work well with a team, as well as, independently.
- Excellent writing and proofing abilities.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, or other web CMS platforms.
- Detail-oriented project management skills and capable of handling multiple projects on deadline.
- Flexible, creative and willing to assume accountability for all areas of responsibility.
- In-depth understanding of rapidly evolving media and communications platforms and excellent public speaking, presentation and writing skills.
To apply email a cover letter, resume, list of references and salary requirements in confidence to:
Director of Parish Finance and Operations
St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church · 10655 Haverstick Road · Carmel, IN 46033
St. Elizabeth Seton Preschool and Kindergarten is seeking lead preschool teachers for the two year-old and three year-old programs. A degree in early childhood education or a related field is preferred, but will consider candidates with preschool teaching experience. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and social needs of the children in the program
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner
- Be familiar with emergency procedures
- Maintain open communication with parents
- Develop and maintain current and accurate files for each child
- Develop daily activity plans
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times
- Report any suspected abuse to preschool director
- Attend in-service and staff meetings
- Attend school activities as appropriate
- Perform other related duties as required
General Performance Expectation:
In addition to those outlined in the Position Summary: Be able to participate fully in the practice of the Roman Catholic Faith. Maintain confidentiality in all parish matters. Adhere to parish policies and procedures. Work as a team member. Maintain a productive workload/schedule. Develop and maintain effective work relationships with parishioners, visitors, and staff members. Wear appropriate professional attire during office hours and conduct oneself as a representative of the parish.